Here some links are given to online material, created by the authors of this website, that may be of interest to researchers in pattern recognition or to users of PRTools.
- R.P.W. Duin and S. Verzakov, Fast kNN mode seeking clustering applied to active learning, arXiv:1712.07454, 2017, 1-23.
This paper discusses the most important and new procedure in the ClusterTools toolbox as well as its application to active learning.
- R.P.W. Duin and E. Pekalska, Pattern Recognition: Introduction and Terminology,
37 Steps ebook, 2015, 78 pages.
An introduction to the field and its concepts, including a glossary with about 200 term and many internal and external hyperlinks.
- A.K. Jain and R.P.W. Duin, Pattern Recognition,
in: R.L. Gregory (eds.), The Oxford Companion to the Mind, Second Edition,
Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2004, 698-703.
- R.P.W. Duin and E. Pekalska, The dissimilarity representation for non-Euclidean pattern recognition, 2011
A tutorial introducing the use and possibilities of the dissimilarity representation. Useful for DisTools.
- R.P.W. Duin and E. Pekalska, The dissimilarity representation for structural pattern recognition,
in: Cr San Mart Sang-Woon Kim (eds.), Proc. CIARP 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science,
vol. 7042, Springer, 2011, 1-24.
A review of the dissimilarity representation with an emphasis on the application to structural pattern recognition. Useful for DisTools.
- R.P.W. Duin and E. Pekalska, The dissimilarity space: Bridging structural and statistical pattern recognition, Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 33, no. 7, 2012, 826-832.
A review of the dissimilarity representation with an emphasis on the use of the dissimilarity space for building statistical classifiers. Useful for DisTools.